Thursday, February 13, 2014
Valentine’s Day is fast approaching and how wonderful it would be if you created the perfect evening for your lover! Well the Corky Kouture Team came up with 10 great evenings that you and your lover can have that can spice up even the hottest romance!
Don’t be expecting your typical card/flower/candy gifting ideas – think bigger and spicier – think of an evening you will never ever forget! The night of a lifetime memory!
Here are our top 10 ways you can tease, seduce, dare or excite your love this Valentine's Day.
1. Turn your home in to a hot hostel and make a reservation for you and your love. Have a sexy meal idea planned with the ingredients already in the frig. Remember you are in a hostel so you have to share the kitchen with your love so cooking together could get messy – if you do it right that is. Make sure you think of a meal that is rich in aphrodisiacs! ;-) Then top that meal off with a great wine gifted in a sexy Corky Kouture. In the gift pouch, slip in some sexy I.O.U’s and get ready to bring the morning in having the time of your life fulfilling each one!
2. Roll the red carpet it out and get ready to put on a fashion show for your love – girls – get yourself two or three sexy lingerie outfits and get ready to strut your stuff for your partner. Men – this is a great one for you! Have your home ready for a Red Carpet show and gift your love a Corky Kouture filled with her favorite drink along with a nice selection of sexy lingerie you would love to see her model! Don’t forget the runway music!
3. Start your evening out innocent, like teenagers again sneaking out with your love. Gift a nice bottle of your significant others favorite libation and end the evening in a fun game of Truth or Dare with a sexy twist. Just make sure your kids don’t catch you!
4. While we are reminiscing of high school days, what about Lovers Lane? Bring in the sunrise on Lover’s Lane with your love, favorite spirits, and a nice snack selection of cheeses and crackers. Slip your favorite spirit into a Corky Kouture wine bag and get the picnic basket ready! Don’t forget the blanket!
5. Romantic dinner with a poetic twist! Take your love out or prepare a romantic dinner in and gift her/him with their favorite drink in a Corky Kouture. In the gift pouch place a romantic poem or song you wrote specifically for them. It might even be proposal night! Surprise her with the ring and a poem in the gift pouch!
6. Masseur for the night! Turn your bedroom into a sexy massage parlor – sexy scented candles, silky linens, and a few sex toys doesn’t hurt and then get yourself an oil warmer and start exercising them hands. Greet your love at the door with a CorkyKouture with a nice champagne ready to go inside, pop it, pour, and then get to disrobing – for the massage of course. Have a nice thick fluffy robe for her or him to slip into and after a drink, direct your love to the bed and let the rubbing begin!
7. Strip Poker baby all the way! Oh yes baby! Why not? What a great way to bring extra spice in a relationship and a great way to take advantage of Valentine’s Day! Pull down the shades before the fun begins.
8. Valentine and wine go together like Cupid and his arrow! Go on a wine tasting adventure at a local winery or create one of your own in your home. Just purchase several bottles of wine you have wanted to sample and don’t forget to get your Corky Kouture bottled gift bag! When you find your favorite of the evening, the next day you can re-gift your Corky with your choice as a couple favorite vintage to another love couple, family member or friend.
9. Succulent Sensually Sweets! Another sexy amazing idea is to create a succulent sweet dessert bar filled with exotic chocolates, whipped cream, berries, chocolate sundaes, and a chocolate fondue! Keep in mind that calories do not count on Valentine’s Day! After all you will be working them off! ;-) Gift your love a sweet red wine in a Corky Kouture bottled gift bag to have later and have the champagne on ice!
10. Bring it back – way back to childhood days and build an amazing fort in your living room. Make it big – you want plenty of room to tumble. Spread out a blanket and prepare a picnic inside the fort and gift your lover their favorite bottled beverage in a sensuous Corky Kouture wine gifting bag.
Visit Corky Kouture today and get your romance on ~ www.corkykouture.comYou can also find us in Splash Magazine!
Wednesday, October 9, 2013
October is Cancer Awareness Month yet it does not just rear its ugly head in October. This devastating disease is with us every day and everywhere we look. It empties bank accounts and takes lives and shows absolutely no remorse. It has no real rhyme or reason and strikes at its own will. It leaves a trail of despair and for those who are fighting the battle is in a fight for their lives. When you have a strong support group it helps with the beating that Cancer delivers but if you are a single mom with a smaller support group, limited funds, and children you want to see grow into beautiful adults it can feel like you stand alone in the world fighting the battle against this inexorable monster. But there is hope for a single mom. They do not have to stand alone.
Hope for a Single Mom is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping single working mothers in their battle against breast cancer. Hope for a Single Mom was founded by Donna Sullivan, a Florida Brevard County resident. Back in August 2010, Denise Moore, a single mom was diagnosed with breast cancer and underwent a bi-lateral mastectomy with reconstructive surgery on August 23rd. She had to miss several months of work. She received no income during that period and began to fall behind in her bills. Thanks to Hope for a Single Mom she was able to keep her mortgage and car payment up to date and pay off some of her medical bills.
Donna, the sister of Denise Moore, the first recipient of assistance from Hope For a Single Mom, was astounded when she saw firsthand how fast and messed up a person’s finances can be destroyed by a Cancer diagnosis. In hopes to help her sister and nephew during their trying times, Donna teamed up with the women of her Mary Kay unit selling lots of lipsticks and donating part of the profits to help Denise keep her home and her car. Much like the Pay It Forward movement, Brevard County citizens caught wind of this and joined in to help Denise. Banning together as a community, over $5000 was raised and given to Denise. Denise said it was the most unbelievable feeling to know others cared so much to help her stay in her home. She vowed to her sister to beat her cancer and pay it forward to another local single mom.
Every year since 2010, a single mother is selected with care by Donna, Denise and their friends at Breast Friends of Florida and shown the same supportive assistance as Denise did back in 2010. Breast Friends, a non-profit organization, is located in Brevard County and is dedicated to improving the quality of life for women with breast cancer and other woman related cancers. Hope for a Single Mom has partnered with Breast Friends and keeps their focus on giving HOPE to our Single Moms here in Brevard.
To learn more about Hope for a Single Mom and to get involved, please visit: http://www.hopeforasinglemom.com
Thursday, September 26, 2013
Old custom states pink is for girls and blue is for boys and although there have been boring studies done, theories developed, and folklore telling us why women prefer pink over any other color and boys desire blue – the bottom line is, who really cares? If you love yourself some pink – who cares why, right?! Pink is FABULOUS and that is a good enough reason for me!
Pink is sweet, nice, romantic, playful, delicate, and associated with love and romance! It is calming and soft! Pink is sensual and sexy! Pink is womanly as much as it can be girly! But most of all, it is really hard not to smile at a person who wears pink. A woman in pink emits an overall sweetness and kindness and did you know men are more likely to approach a woman in pink than any other color? Why, because it gives off a caring sweet fun nature.
So tell me, what is your favorite color and why? How does it make you feel? And if you love pink, please share me why! I would love to know!
Pictured above is Jessica who is passionate about PINK! So for a fun way to surprise her, she received a PINK Corky Kouture with a PINK bottle of Sparkling Pink Moscato and $100 in the gift holder. She looks tickled "pink" …. Who else adores the color pink?
Here are a few quotes from people I am sure you will know that also love the color pink along with some perfectly pink pictures just for fun!!
“I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and... I believe in miracles.” ~ Audrey Hepburn
“Pink isn't just a color, it's an attitude!” ~ Miley Cyrus
“I love pink, it's so girly!” ~ Ashley Tisdale
“I love pink - pink's my favorite. I hardly ever - weirdly - wear it, but I love the color pink.” ~ Ellie Goulding
“I can't see myself without pink lipstick. I can go without it for a couple days, but if there was no more pink lipstick in the world, I'd be useless. Seriously.” ~ Nicki Minaj
“I love to see other women in pink. It's good for every shade of skin and hair.” ~ Elizabeth Hurley
“I think I do my own thing. I start my own trends. I see a lot of girls doing what I've been doing. Pink. Nobody wore pink, and now everybody wears it. It's flattering.” ~ Paula Creamer
“I don't think I will ever get tired of wearing pink.” ~ Emma Bunton
“I grew up with all boys in my family, where there was no place for girlie stuff. But it's amazing to walk into my house now. Everything is pink!” ~ Jerry O'Connell
“I have as much pink as you can have. I love to see other women in pink. It's good for every shade of skin and hair.” ~ Evelyn Lauder
“I love the color pink. It makes a bold statement.” ~ Samuel Larsen
Okay to the rest of you fabulous ladies who also love pink – share your pinkness with us!
Monday, August 5, 2013
I am super excited to share with everyone a great non-profit charity called Team PINK. Team PINK was born from two young ladies’ passion and desire to give back to the community as a whole. Their goal is a simple one - to inspire individuals of all ages and all athletic abilities to have fun and kick butt while training and racing for a cause. Jessica Crate and Emily Nelson are the founders of Team Pink. I will share more about each of these fabulous women in a minute, but first, more about their amazing charity work.
Team PINK is a grassroots athletic philanthropy with the love for the color PINK. They are your typical girly girls but yet are not afraid of hard work, dedication, and come with huge athletic goals. Jessica and Emily are on a mission – to get people up and moving – any and all ages and at any of athletic fitness. They know you do not need to be a super star athletic to make a difference when it comes to giving of oneself. With hearts bigger than the U.S., Jessica and Emily don’t want anyone to ever give up on their dreams and want to help where they can to make some dreams a reality.
Jessica shares, “It’s amazing what you can accomplish if you put your mind to it and just push yourself one step further. I like to tell people that I wasn't born fast or talented, I just absolutely refuse to quit which is also behind the motto of TEAM PINK - No matter what age, gender or talent level, you too can accomplish your goals!”
Anyone who knows me knows that I am all about giving and helping when I can. Part of the reason I created and started the Corky Kouture® brand was to see people smile and feel special and I use it in many charitable manners. I am passionate about lifting people up – not bringing them down or knocking them further down when they are already out. Because of this I love to surround myself with likeminded individuals and Jessica and Emily are both champions not only in their athletic fields but also in my book.
Jessica Crate, Elite Athlete, USAT Coach is known for being 9th Overall Female and Boston Marathon Qualifier at the 2009 Las Vegas Rock-N-Roll Marathon, Qualified and raced at ITU World Championships in Auckland, New Zealand and Ironman 70.3 World Championships in Las Vegas in 2012.
Jessica shares, “I am also committed to running all of my races to benefit a charity in 2013. I love giving back, coaching and encouraging others. A non-profit that I co-founded with a personal friend of mine is entitled Giving Athletics, Inc. Our goal is “inspiring social change through athletic participation.” A goal that also resonates with what TEAM PINK is all about and one that we look forward to instilling in other women, men, children and young adults across the country and around the world.”
Emily Nelson, Athlete, is known for her Surf Coast Trifecta Age Group Series Championship win 2011, 2nd Overall Female Cocoa Beach Triathlon 2012, 9th Place Age Group Ironman St. Croix 70.3 2012, 3rd Overall Female Jacksonville Tri Series #1 2013.
Emily shares, “We have all dealt with our own obstacles but we can never let them knock us down. Jessica and I, coming together as Team PINK, we’re strong than ever. We hope to serve as role models in the community & be an inspiration to others. I want people to see us and think if they can do it, I can too!”
Let’s all help support these two amazing young ladies in their efforts to inspire and encourage others through athletic participation, give back to the community, and to promote and raise awareness for local charities.
You can connect with Team Pink on Facebook here: Team PINK
And visit their website here to see what these fabulous ladies are up to next! Team PINK Website